Monday, August 1, 2016

WORST FIRST MEETING/DATE EVER!!! (08.01.16)

I'm new to online dating as a more physically active person, now. So... bear with me on this. 

I’m still getting a sense of when someone is lying and when they’re honestly looking for a connection. I’m not one to judge based on ethnicity and religion, but I know what I want and what I don’t want. I want a man who is confident in himself to carry himself with grace, chivalry, and honesty. I don’t want a perverted excuse of a man who is just looking to hook up under the pretense of looking for something more. Aren’t there enough of those guys in life already? Geez.

So, a guy likes my OkCupid profile and starts chatting with me. We get along because I get along with everyone, and exchange numbers. We start texting and decide to try to meet on the same day. I think it’s fast but he promises no monkey business, just a meeting, nothing more. And I think, “Okay, this guy can’t be so bad.” So, I agree to make the drive out to him because he has work… blah blah blah…

First sign of something not right, HE SHOULD HAVE COME OUT TO ME OR MET ME HALFWAY.

Before meeting him, when I went back to check out his profile, he had deactivated it. And when I asked him why, he said it was because he was talking to me. And… well, as sweet as that could have been, that made me feel like he was hiding something. I felt nervous and anxious but told myself that it was sweet that he was so focused on me, when in reality, I felt irked by this.

Second sign of something not right, I FELT IRKED AND YET, I STILL WENT OUT TO MEET HIM.

Right, so, the drive took over half an hour and he called me to ask where I was. Right? Why was he so fidgety? Shouldn’t he be the confident one? … Bad feelings from his voice, too…

Third sign of something not right, I FELT “UGH” FROM HIS VOICE… SERIOUSLY!! Should have turned around!!

I arrived on time and parked. The guy was halfway down the street and tried to kiss me upon meeting. Physically, I was disappointed, but I thought, maybe he has a sparkling personality. I mean, isn’t that why we stick around if there’s no physical chemistry? Well, he led me into a lovely complex and to a bench by a man-made pond where some ducks and turtles swam. Along the way, he told me the last relationship he had was 8 years long and it had been two years since she ended it with him for a richer man. At that moment, I was actually ticking off my list of annoyances and he was getting a very high score. Geez… but, okay, maybe further conversation could make things better, right?

Fourth sign of something not right, WTF! WHY WOULD YOU KISS SOMEONE YOU JUST MET WHEN TRYING TO SEEK A LTR WITH THEM??

I was so wrong!! We chatted but thirty minutes in, I felt NO chemistry and was actually feeling more and more repulsed as he tried to move closer or chat. I could tell he only had ONE THING on his mind, this coming from a man who had just been telling me how much he longed to be in a long term relationship, and how he was willing to go slow because he wanted to be invested in the relationship part, not just the physical. The last straw was when he kept talking and I felt like being physically sick just to get away from him. I thought I let him down gently by telling him that I don’t feel any chemistry with him. He snapped and got up, saying, “Damn waste of my time,” and walked off.

Fifth sign of something not right, HE LEFT ME THE MOMENT HE FOUND OUT I WOULD NOT PUT OUT. WHAT AN ASS!!

Not knowing my way back to the front gate, I followed, as he repeated, “If we’re not going to hook up, damn waste of my time…” Right? From a guy who was looking long term, not just at the physical, and hoping for something more. So he murmured on how I can get back to the front when I asked and then walked off in the other direction. I walked a bit lost, and had to ask a kind elderly woman for directions. She gave them to me beautifully and simply. When I got into my car, I drove off, shaking my head at how poorly I had judged this guy.


All in all, this was my WORST EXPERIENCE because he was physically, mentally, and psychologically not what he tried to come off as through OkCupid and text. Physically, okay, editing sucks for this reason. Mentally, all he wanted was sex but used the LTR lure to bring me in. And Psychologically, he was quite unsound. He mentioned doing a sport and I think he may have been traumatized by it because he wasn’t all there. Sure, he could have been nervous or shy, but to give off such strong vibes that disgusted and revolted me from the few moments we spent together, I’d never felt so… nauseous.

It’s sad, but, I can see why his former left him. Based on this short encounter, NOTHING would bring me to unblock his number of contact him again. I mean, yes, eventually, I want a LTR with a man who is confident and physically/mentally/psychologically sound and stable… but this man was ALL WRONG for me. Ugh. Even thinking of him now makes my throat want to close up and my stomach want to purge its contents.


Seriously… LADIES AND GENTLEMEN who are on online dating websites… BE CAREFUL!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.