Friday, October 28, 2016

Updates on Tea (10.28.16)

Of all the fun emails I've received about my current transition in life, I felt the need to address it clearly. Since people would rather check my blog as opposed to talk to me, here it is:

No, I'm NOT quitting as a writer/director in the entertainment industry. I will continue in my calling as a filmmaker and I'm happy with it. Yes, I was on hiatus this summer due to the passing of someone I deeply loved... and yes, his passing somewhat impacted me negatively... but because filmmaking was his passion, to continue living out my dreams would honor his memory. So... though I might take a more indirect approach, I will still be working hard at the craft at which I am honing my skills in, continuously and faithfully.

Yes, I am going back to school. I'm applying for my Masters in Library and Information Sciences. It was the path I was on before I discovered AiCaH and am returning to it because of my own wishes. Just think about it... I'll have the world of books at my fingertips... I can hunt down stories, origins, read the authors of our times past, ugh... how wonderful does that sound? I can research for hours and days and not come up for anything other than water. Life would definitely be different, but I see it as richer and much more lush than before. Ain't life grand?

I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I'm not sure how this rumor started. It's funny because the MLIS course is online and my job is still in the LA area. So, where I am now, unless I move to a more comfy place, I'm staying where I live. I do have the hopes and dreams of one day moving into my own town house where I can see green forestry, walk to the local shops, eat amongst familiar strangers, and work in my home office... we'll see if that happens any time soon?

I am single but dating. Oh, of all the tragic and fun events of these past few weeks, the most fun has been meeting new people, networking, chatting, discovering chemistry, and gaining a better sense of the world around me. I am someone who needs people from time to time, so, of course, I will go on the occasional date, but I'm hoping for a consistent lover who will hold my hand in public, kiss me in secret, hold me close whenever possible, and love me as I adore him in return. I want that final companion that will make my life complete, and until I meet him, I am on a journey to him... that's how I see it. And I'm meeting great people along the way. Some become lasting friends, others temporary lovers, but all in all, God has me and I'm good with that.

"The Collector", as great as it was, is over. I have chosen to absorb 3 inactive projects into one to make a more lush and dense, interesting, story. I'm not sure where I'm choosing to distribute it yet... but it will be set to either Hulu, Amc, Amazon, or etc. There are many outlets, just have to find our niche and stay there, I guess. You know how it is... But my cast and crew are waiting, loyal, and patiently keeping busy. I feel the "Recycled"  talent is necessary and I'm excited to see how it moves and where it goes!!

The two main Producers I'm working with are both foreign with many international and domestic connections. VM is looking to bring me on to stories based on true stories, so lots of research there. JJ is looking to fix our feature so that investors will like it and all will be made. How exciting that we are moving forward at this time!! There are others like HH and EG and GP but those are at different stages... as usual. Haha... Se la vi! But still very exciting!!

I still have many projects in the works. I've been meeting guys and girls everywhere just to listen to their stories (good and bad) about dating, life, traditions, shockers, and sex. It's always interesting gathering information and new materials but I have faith that life can keep going as it was...

Questions? Comments? You know how to reach me.

Much love ~ T.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.