Thursday, July 14, 2016

New Meditations (07.14.16)

I'm taking part in the new meditation series hosted by Oprah and Deepak... It's intense and taught me that I'm a terrible meditator because my brain wanders like a baby Ibex on a cliffside looking for water. I'm a good breather but my brain wanders, that's all it is. And, I've noticed just how stressed I am. Dude, I am so bad at this... but I'm getting better... this new self I'm inventing at the moment. Woot!

But, man, HE IS GOOD! Well, God is good, but this man, wow! Deepak from Getting Unstuck is really awesome. I was pissed this morning, angry because... well, the awards shows always had the issue of being TOO WHITE and though the Emmys are including Black people now, they're forgetting there's a SPECTRUM OF PEOPLE out there between Black and White. It's never been the issue of White people against Black people, it's ALWAYS been the issue of a colorblind Hollywood and entertainment industry.

I had a friend who asked, "Why don't the Asian people just try harder for the roles?"

...

MOST ASIAN ROLES ARE CAST TO WHITE PEOPLE for BUDGET purposes. Just because there hasn't been a popular Asian show doesn't mean they won't be popular. It probably means that when there is a good drama out there, they will WIPE OUT ALL COMPETITION because they are more determined to succeed!! And I've been in cable networks pitching rooms... THEY KNOW IT and yet, they're too scared to be the first. Even AMC, which took a risk with 'Mad Men'...

So... there's nothing left to do but to keep writing and pitching and pray that my AWESOME shows can be picked up. Because, I CAN GUARANTEE a steady audience and high ratings... cuz I'm THAT MUCH MORE determined to succeed.

Ya feel me?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.