Monday, April 18, 2016

My Experience With SLEAZE

As stated in the Urban Dictionary: sleazy, here's my experience with a particularly trashy situation. 

Money. Power. Women. Control. Once it gets to your head, there’s no coming off it. Most music producers can’t resist it. I once interned for a man who called himself a music producer. He wasn’t terrible but he wasn’t great either. I wanted to see what the industry was like, so I took on the paid internship. And after a month of working for him, I quit when I realized two very important things; they lie and are dogs.


If you find a good producer who makes good music and is willing to work with minorities, most of them are simply aiming to sleep with them and then toss them aside. It’s sad, but true. This guy had the nerve to ask me to recruit talent. And when I mentioned a friend who was actually a good singer but pursuing acting, he had me bring her in. His audition of her was different from when I was in the office. And when he tried to climb on top of her, she bolted. Our friendship has never been the same. I’m ashamed that I actually trusted this dog with my friend. Never again.



And, after all the talks and work I did on his behalf, working with him, his connections, and talent, I was never paid. To this day, he owes me $3000 but because I never got it in writing, I didn’t think he’d go back on it, I stopped working for him when I realized he would not pay me for my time, gas, and work. Although he often still asked if I was looking for work, I simply “junk mail”-ed his messages. I hope I never see him again. Because, if I do, I’m more than likely to beat his skull in with whatever is around.



For lying to me. For nearly raping my friend.


So, even when you have an iron-clad legal contract like how Kesha did with Dr. Luke… it means nothing if all he sees you as is a victim.

I want to improve my engage-ability with readers or people searching for content to read... Do you think I should take THIS course?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.