Saturday, April 2, 2016

Back To Reality (04.02.16)

A DAZZLING Reality

Why DAZZLING is so important to me:

It’s never easy for females to jump to the top of their industry. Now, to add the Asian oppressive culture on top of that, not to mention their age, school work, and physical limitations, I have come to respect those who fight to support those they love even though they may never be recognized by their idols. Personally, I’m in the same boat, thus I have more sympathy for like minds. Which is why, I think, DAZZLING is unique, special, and I’m a fan of theirs.

If you claim that you’ve never been a fan of a fan, you’re lying. Our idols today are fans of others. DAZZLING came together because they were fans of Shinee and then stayed together because they found friendship and comfort in like minded companions. Their story may be common but it is one often untold and should be. So, in a year, I’m hoping to shoot a film of their story and struggles, because I find them inspiring and, of course, because I am their fan.

***
On my recent trip to Taiwan, on the last day, I had the opportunity to meet and hang out with DAZZLING from Taiwan!! They're a group of dancers, predominantly girls, who do cover dances of popular K-pop songs they like. They got more famous because of their enthusiastic and energetically manly styled dances despite being women. As of right now, the are all female, but they do have one male member who recently moved to the LA area because of reasons. He's the one I met first and I grew the connection to their team leader. After miscommunicating a lot because her English and my Chinese was not up to par, we finally managed to meet and talk and come to a conclusion!!

Here are the DAZZLING ladies minus Rita!
It is my honor to let anyone who reads my blog know that I am going to shoot my debut feature film in Taiwan... and DAZZLING will be my actors and subject. This film explores the reality of the dance community (or the lack there of) in Taiwan. It will bring to light how different it is compared to what we, here, in America, know and understand. It will explore the  mindset and issues these young people face. And, of course, though the film will be a story, there will be a behind the scenes documentary that goes into the truth of what is going on and how things work in Taiwan. There will be interviews, footages, and the like! So, I'm very excited and starting to figure things out is all the more exciting... YAY!!

The biggest issue I have right now is getting the music licensing rights for "Danger" by BTS. So, if you have any suggestions or advice, please leave it in the comments section!! For those of you who don't know who BTS or Bangtan Boys or care about k-pop... here's their MV of the song I want to use!! And HERE it is DAZZLING dancing to it. ... Not so bad, eh??

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.