Friday, February 3, 2017

Xander Cage is Alive!! (02.03.17)

Hello dandies! SPOILERS AHEAD!!

I watched "XXX: Return of Xander Cage" and found it quite thrilling. The opening scene with Samuel L. Jackson and the new kid is quite humorous. And then the cool scene where four XXX agents steal a pandora's box and blew my mind. Deep props and appreciation to a fun and exciting beginning. Female empowerment, all the way! I liked it.

Film style and editing held my attention and the quick cutting made me quite happy. Hehe. I had a lot of fun with the silly humor and the very chill drama. There were some parts I wondered why there was so much talking, and the character/actor choices were quite fun to pick up on.

Naturally, the diversity has my excitement!

Deepika Padukone was stunning!! And her team of stunt doubles were truly impressive!! She is pretty, talented, and very good at her Priyanka Chopra impression, though carries her own zazziness that didn't really come out, but she has time and I hope to see her in the future for the franchise, I hope.

Kris Wu was... fun and musically engaging. Wu YiFan, most well known for being the leader of Exo-M, I guess debuting in Hollywood on the team with Vin Diesel is definitely a pretty great way to do it! Congrats to him... maybe he can take on a role that doesn't shame the Asian ethnicities too much in the future.

Donnie Yen was... interesting in this role. From the "Ip Man" series, I'm wondering if that was what threw me? From his diverse roles to the funner things in life, seriously... Donnie Yen?! Kinda strange with an interesting twist.

RUBY ROSE had the BEST introduction EVER!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Seriously, badd-butted through the entire film. Easily my FAVORITE character with the BEST skills!! Such a stunning beauty with deadly skill. As always!! WOW!!!

From an audience point of view, I enjoyed this film quite well. From a filmmaker's point of view, I had a ball taking from this film as I went. Perhaps it's the information sciences talking to me, but I enjoyed seeing the metadata just drip off the screen. I enjoyed it and really liked it, for sure.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.