Sunday, November 8, 2015

Another Weekend, Another Catfish, Another Reaction (11.08,15)

First, let's start things off friendly with a reaction video from my lovely friends that Rain Bridge Studios gathered to entertain us with... LOL. Some of their reactions... or lack there of, really crack me up!! These are home-grown, fully-fresh, Americans and they are reacting to K-Pop music videos. ... Can anything be more odd?


Alright, so onto sadder and weirder news, along with good food, friends, and the like! 

Friday set me in a writer's meeting with JJ, who I'm writing something for. As usual, we got off topic and started chatting about our normal lives. I mean, we're two girls with the gift for gab, we can't help it. Anyhoo, as usual, she was concerned about my dating life... or the lack of existence of one... and was extremely suspicious when I told her about M-Guy. (Protecting the name for privacy reasons.) I mean, I've tried Tinder, OkCupid, Coffee Meets Bagel, Match, Chemisty, Christian Mingle, eHarmony, Thirty Flirty, and... I think Plenty Of Fish will be my last one. I'm tired of trusting and being lied to, catfished, and judged. It's painful for me, someone who is a clean slate, and I'm so annoyed with all this stuff. Anyhoo, she looked over his profile, all of our conversations, and concluded that the guy wasn't to be trusted. 

And then I told her that I had agreed to a date with the guy on Saturday, the next day, in the evening. She was livid and demanded that I not go, or go with back up. We talked back and forth, she commented on my improvement as a female flirty texter... I was HORRIBLE before... and she complimented me here and there. But, in the end, we decided it may be a good idea to share such knowledge with girls and guys out there that need it. And so, look forward to a video about that. Better made, of course, better quality of picture and sound, both shot on Canon 7Ds and sound recorded on a boom mic into an H4N Zoom recorder. Hey, hey, hey! And then, at midnight, she wanted to go shoe shopping and the Ross next to The Grove is open until 1 am, so we went. And as she shopped for shoes, I couldn't help but feel worse and worse about the supposed date. And it came to the point, I realized it wasn't going to happen. And... I WAS CRUSHED. (Oh... so innocent am I, right?)

JJ told me not to worry but I did. She told me not to over-think, and I did. And the next morning, I woke to a text message asking to reschedule the date. And... I was so sad. And yet, I still hadn't picked up on the clues that I was (possibly) being catfished! 



I know you'd probably kick me when you met me, but I was just so hopeful about it!! And I wanted that first date... You might wonder if I'm really this gullible and trusting and the truth is, YES, I AM. And I spent the day doing nothing, having cancelled my plans so that I could get ready to meet this guy, and ended up having a girl's night out with JJ, Sno, and Moon at the YellowHouse Cafe, in K-Town. It was fun, sweet, and comforting to have my girls around me... until the other two were briefed on my cancelled date that night and... they were NOT happy. Well, they were happy at first that I managed to get a date (I'm a REALLY busy bee!) but when JJ exposed everything in our conversation, passing my phone around to compare profile pictures and conversation texts, both disapproved immediately. ... For shame, Tea, for shame...

But I got home and went to sleep well. Moon said being Catfished is very widely popular and that, since I excelled at meeting people in person, I should go with that and find someone special. Sno had mentioned her deep concerns in my trustingness and said that going to a bar, with the girls, on a girl's night, to hunt for me was a better option. (She didn't use "hunt", I did.) And JJ just wanted me to find someone real... which is, surprisingly enough, the tagline for my POF profile. "Looking for someone real." Seriously... And that morning, I had spent the morning looking through male profiles, suggesting things that can get them more noticed by women, and the like, and even helping a man who had friend-zoned me improve his profile. So, I basically was stabbed near my heart and then I helped the person twist the knife and break the hilt, so that I couldn't get that damned blade out. 

Oh, woe is me. ... But I'm getting over it.

Sunday morning brought me to upload the video above and then the early afternoon led me to DimSum with JJ, Sno, and Tall-V (I know too many females with such a name and she's the tallest of them all) in Temple City, where my family loves it and, well, I've come to enjoy it, too! JJ and Tall-V both know good DimSum when they eat it. And they've had terrible ones out here. Along with Sno, who had horrible stuff in Chinatown... so I've decided to take them out of the fakeness and into the real good stuff, the yumminess of the yummiest!! We went to the Full House Seafood Restaurant in TC/Arcadia. That's right, peoples, we had food and it was good, authentic, Chinese food! 

Unfortunately, most of the Dim Sum was gone by the time we got there and we ate as much as we could, got drinks, and then we headed home. The good part was, I had enough time to finish and upload another video shot on Halloween! Enjoy!!



And here was episode 25, for those of you who missed CoTangent!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.