Thursday, October 1, 2015

SOOOOOOOOO THE DRAMAS!! (SPOILERS!!!)

*Out of respect for audiences of all ages and professions, I must warn you that there are SPOILERS in this post!!!*

I don’t watch TV.

Let me rephrase that. 

I don’t own a television, nor have I cable and such. So, I don’t watch TV. Any show I watch, I watch through online streaming sites. I’m not proud of this, but the fact that most shows can be found online, I really don’t NEED a television, know what I mean? By the way... For television standard purposes, I rate on a 1-10 star scale. So… here we go!

'THE BIG BANG THEORY' Season 09 Episode 01-02 Review (8 of 10 Stars)

I love this show. I’ve watched the first until the last episode recently aired and I still love this show. It’s not an on-and-off again thing for me, but a watch over-and-over again show. Whenever a new episode is up, I hunt for it online and watch it. Otherwise, I cycle through the entire series until I need something else to drone in my ears as I type and write and work on other projects.

First of all, Amy Farrah Fowler is awesome for breaking up with Sheldon Cooper! OMG! I want him to feel the need and realize the love he has for her and a break up might just do the trick! I do wonder how their relationship will change when they get back together but I guess we'll have to wait and see about that, eh?

Secondly, I wanted Leonard Hofstadter and Penny to be married in a chapel of sorts... I wanted their family to be there and hoped to see the rest of his amazing siblings and who they would cast for them!! Also, maybe bring their group of friends to Nebraska for the wedding!! That sounds like fun and I think Sheldon could just about piss EVERYONE off, or be quite at home seeing the parallel it is with East Texas... LOL!! We all know how caffeine and alcohol affects him... that could be quite fun!

Third, I wonder when Emily Sweeney and Rajesh Koothrappali will jump onto the more officially together band wagon or will Raj drift away because Emily and Penny don't like each other? Maybe instead of this, the writers will make Bernadette pregnant?! Holy COW, that would be something, eh??

Lastly, I wonder what will happen to Stuart Bloom?? Will he finally find someone to connect with? Will he marry and open a cafe in his comic book store? Maybe have an open mic area for interviews with Will Wheaton and, maybe even, Stan Lee?? I think that would be a cool idea, and I think Stuart deserves love. HAHAHAH!! I once wrote a spec script with such a storyline, I guess it never reached them. LOL. It's okay, if they accept me, they'll have to start accepting other Asians into the mix and... we all know TV doesn't feel like changing all that much.

I'm a bit annoyed because the Asian population keeps growing and yet... no worthwhile representation on television. All we have are random techie and nerdie roles on sci-fi shows, or "Fresh Off the Boat", which is neither complimenting nor encouragement. *sigh* Wish I could break that glass ceiling... I wish... wish... 

'QUANTICO' Season 01 Episode 01 Review (7 of 10 Stars)

It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. Very much with the feel of “Burn Notice” mixed with “How to Get Away With Murder”, this show is quite heavily influenced by “Alias” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” without the supernatural element. I was interested because of the trailer and because I was such an on-and-off again fan of “Alias”, but I found Alex Parrish so much more likeable and real than most of the doe-eyed strong young women in the shows up until now. Piyanka Chopra is strong, independent, honest, and quite a model citizen, just like Jennifer Garner in “Alias”. These two shows are quite similar, but the non-verbal “burn Notice” feel is also present.

Because this is a review, there will be SPOILERS!!! So, stop reading if you don’t want to hear about the spoilers.

The moment we “met” Alex, I liked her. She seemed so much a bad-butted female who took what she wanted and did as she pleased, all the while trying to do and say the right things. From lying to her mother about where she was going to the sexy encounter in the car with undercover Agent Ryan Booth,  to befriending Shelby Wyatt and comforting Eric Packer, the kid who shoots himself due to the instability of his own mind. (I TOLD YOU THERE WERE SPOILERS!!)

The scene I liked best was the interrogation/interview scene, when Nimah/Raina Amin questioned Simon Asher. The way she delivered it was so wonderful, the acting and blocking of the scenes was quite intense altogether. I enjoyed it and was pulled into the world much faster than I had thought I would be. The cutting, lighting, and overall tone of the episode was so attractive and well done from where I sat staring at the screen.

What I hated most from this first episode was when it was revealed that Agent Booth is on the other side that is framing Alex!! OMG!! NOO!!! I wish they held that information back a bit so that I would keep guessing about him. Somehow, from the trailer, I predicted that he would start on the odd end of things and then be turned onto her side. But to have it seem to be most likely to happen, I hated that it was revealed so soon. Why can’t they keep us guessing more? Oh, the sadness. And, thought I appreciate the jumping around of the editing because it keeps me on my toes, I DIDN’T like it too much because it made me dizzy to some degree.

Overall, I look forward to finding out about the nine months before the major explosion and about those who were involved in it. I have a sneaking suspicion that it might by Wyatt or the Amin sisters being blackmailed into such an act, but I guess I’ll just have to wait and see about how Joshua Safran writes and Marc Munden directs it.

It can only go up from here!!

***

Jumping back to my “The Intern” love, I actually really connected with Becky (Christina Scherer) because I’ve been there and done that. So, I tweeted her a question and she actually answered it! I was floored and so, I wanted to share it with all of you!!


I can't wait to see what movie she's in next!! She's so cute of an actor!!

HERE IS COTANGENT EPISODE 31 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.