Monday, February 8, 2016

From the Fat Girl Inside (02.08.16)

This weekend was simply TOO FATTY for me!! Oh my gosh, all those years of dieting and exercising and I find myself staring at a number I thought was long past behind me, in my rearview mirror and out of sight! Holy cow, I had the weekend of all weekends!!

This Saturday was my niece’s first birthday, so, of course, she got the celebration no one in my family had gotten for at least two decades already! My family decked out the house, there was candy and cakes everywhere, lemonade and sprite as beverages. As for the cakes, MAN!!, my young sister’s maid of honor studied pastry making in Paris, where she met her baker husband. He, now, makes cakes professionally and she raises their baby and bakes cakes. She baked 5 layered cake for the adults of the party and then an organic carrot cake that the kids could eat! This thing was B-E-A-U-tiful and bountiful!! After that, came another birthday ice-cream cake for another member of the family, just after beef noodle stew at Bull Demon King in Diamond Bar. I’m telling you, feast of feasts!!

Sunday found us at two very heavy eating and emotional events! I had lunch at Hot Spot for our special little family gathering for the Lunar New Year! We had soup, meat, vegetables, and more! It was wonderful, hot, and soothing for our soul. There were red envelopes, red meat, and happy red cheeks of full stomachs! And then, it was SUPER BOWL SUNDAY time!! As I rooted for my Panthers and witnessed fumbles and brilliant high-jumping plays, it was only natural to snack all the while, right? Oh my gosh, the first party I went to had meatballs, meat, guac and chips, salsa, other dips, other foods, burgers and hot dogs, and beverages galore!! The second had less, but we got there late, so most of it was already eaten, thankfully! I had a Coke Zero and went home for hot tea to cleanse my system! As for what I thought about the halftime show… Well, Coldplay was okay, Bruno Mars should have performed something newer, and Beyonce was, as usual, the Queen, despite her slight misbalance that she recovered beautifully from. No one does it like her. No one.

And in two days, I woke up this morning 5 lbs heavier than usual. That’s BAD!! Luckily, I think today I’ll be able to detox and fast enough to get my weight back down. Well, that’s what I thought, until the Girl Scout Cookies I’d ordered last week came in today! They sit on my desk, two boxes of samoas and 2 boxes of thin mints! MY GOODNESS, my sugar levels must be soaring as of now!! I just need to stop eating them, close the boxes, put them out of sight, and I’ll be fine. … Right?

For the rest of today, it’s all about tea and water for me. Nothing but light foods that are high in fiber and low in carbs. Yes, that’s what I’m up to. How was your weekend and did your team win?

*Note to Panthers and Broncos out there:  I don’t do sports anymore. I can and I understand the game, the problem is that I get aggressive and emotional when I watch the game. I tend to lash out, shout things, or feel some sort of unhealthy attachment that can get me in trouble during the game, which is why I don’t follow it anymore. But on big game days, like the Super Bowl, as long as it’s once a year, I will watch it and be a part of this American cultural event!

Now, ahead comes the Single Awareness Day… yup… Valentine’s Day (Check out EventBrite’s listings!!). I think I’ll grab a single friend and head to the Aquarium of the Pacific… or maybe somewhere else to have dinner. Who knows? I just know I don’t want to feel it. *Sigh… Chris Pine, come and find me!! Save me from this lonely day!!


NEW PODCAST COMING SOON!! LOOK FORWARD TO ME TALKING SPORTS WITH ED ON COTANGENT!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a young writer/director whose individual style and complete control over all elements of production give my work a personal and unique stamp.